Today we know that if we want to plan our life, make positive changes and take appropriate actions aimed at change and the unfolding of our potential, it is essential to have a good understanding of ourselves. Emma Barthe explains in the following article the importance of self-knowledge and how personality assessment is its main tool.
How does self-knowledge affect our relationships?
The more we know about ourselves, the better we can relate to others, from a position of confidence, security and strength. If one gets to know oneself in depth, from one’s bio-psycho-social reality, that is, how I am, how I feel, how I think, how and from where I make my decisions, one will know how to understand oneself, how to understand others and the reality that surrounds one.
When we naturally assume our weaknesses, we are on the way to successfully undertake the conquest of new strengths that favor our well-being and boost our development as self-realized individuals open to a world of infinite possibilities from the awareness and inner look.
If we are able to recognize that we are not doing something well, we are able to face processes of change and continuous improvement and in this sense, personality assessment is an essential tool to guide people towards change and self-fulfillment. In fact, it has been demonstrated that individuals with greater self-knowledge are healthier, perform better in the personal and professional sphere, establish enriching relationships and are capable of leading their lives. That is why self-knowledge is considered the first skill of emotional intelligence.
What does self-knowledge give us?
When we know ourselves and recognize where we are today, we know how to identify what is holding us back on our way to personal satisfaction and the achievement of a fulfilling life.
- Knowing ourselves raises our awareness and allows us to observe and understand who we are, where we are and where we want to be.
- Knowing ourselves allows us to recognize and identify what kind of thoughts are the ones that mark our daily decisions and what are the associated feelings. – Knowing ourselves allows us to redirect our decisions so that they are more connected to our deepest and most sincere longings.
- Knowing ourselves helps us to identify the emotions we experience from the way we act and how they influence our state of being.
- Knowing ourselves allows us to distinguish our areas of improvement.
And most importantly:
- Knowing ourselves allows us to connect and actualize our latent potential and be able to express it in all facets of life from the freedom of being.
For more information, consult with a specialist in Psychology.