Dr. Juan Muñoz Ortego, member of the medical team of Reumatek and Top Doctors, has recently published the book “Acupuncture and Rheumatology”. The book has been written together with Dr. Pere Marco Aznar and formally presented at the Official College of Physicians of Barcelona.
This book is oriented to the specialist in Acupuncture, both the expert and the novice. It is characterized by integrating the traditional view of acupuncture with contemporary scientific advances, which allows to deepen the rheumatic pathophysiology and to establish more efficient therapeutic strategies. Acupuncture is mainly used to alleviate the symptoms of certain pathologies, including pain caused by alterations of the locomotor system: rheumatism.
In its content the following sections are mainly developed:
- – Interpretation of rheumatology from an acupuncture point of view.
- – Evidence-based scientific review of acupuncture
- – Practical criteria for diagnostic guidance
- – Application of different acupuncture modalities: electroacupuncture and auriculotherapy
- – Joint protocols for treating regional musculoskeletal pain
- – Specific treatments for the most prevalent rheumatic diseases: Rheumatoid Arthritis, Psoriatic Arthritis, Osteoarthritis, Chondrocalcinosis, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Chronic Fatigue, Fibromyalgia, Gout, Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, Osteoporosis, Polymyalgia Rheumatica and Sjögren’s Syndrome.
The book has been declared of scientific interest by the Societat Científica d’Acupuntura de l’Acadèmia de Ciències Mèdiques i de la Salut de Catalunya i de Balears.
In short, this pioneering manuscript in Spain integrates the multidisciplinary and scientific vision of this procedure in order to achieve excellence and improve the quality of life of patients with rheumatism.