Rhinoplasty is the procedure performed to change the shape of the nose. The technique used will depend on the surgeon and the result the patient wants. It is one of the most complicated cosmetic surgeries, so it is necessary that it is performed by a professional cosmetic surgeon.
Normally patients who want to undergo rhinoplasty do it for aesthetic reasons and are between 15 and 40 years old. Older people also undergo rhinoplasty for reasons of age and drooping of the nasal tip.
It is very important that before the rhinoplasty the patient undergoes a previous evaluation.
Open or closed rhinoplasty, which is better?
Depending on the result and the technique used to perform rhinoplasty, there are different types of intervention:
- Closed rhinoplasty: it is performed through incisions inside the nose, through the nostrils. It is the most common rhinoplasty.
- Open rhinoplasty: to perform it is necessary to remove the skin and superficial tissues of the nose, and make an incision in the columella.
- Aesthetic rhinoplasty: it is performed for aesthetic reasons. Together with closed rhinoplasty, it is the most frequently performed procedure at Clínica Ruber.
- Functional rhinoplasty: it is performed for functional reasons, for example, when the patient does not breathe well. The intervention requires the presence of an ENT surgeon.
- Reduction rhinoplasty: to reduce the size of the nose.
- Augmentation rhinoplasty: to increase the volume of the nose, for example, people who do not have a septum and the tip of the nose has drooped.
How is rhinoplasty performed?
Before undergoing rhinoplasty, the patient should bring:
- Blood tests
- Blood coagulation analysis
The operation is performed under local anesthesia and the postoperative period is very simple.
Rhinoplasty usually has no complications, at most a little bleeding, infection or a reaction to anesthesia.
More information about rhinoplasty in this link.
Rhinoplasty results in this link.