Many people present an appearance of tiredness, fatigue and insomnia despite getting proper rest, resulting in unsightly dark circles under the eyes. The causes of dark circles under the eyes are multifactorial, being in some cases with a genetic cause, but their appearance is mainly due to the fact that some people have very thin skin around the eyes and this causes the infraorbital vascularization to become transparent. All people have this vascularization, but with a thicker skin it is not perceived.
5 treatments that work against dark circles under the eyes
In recent years, medical and technological advances have made it possible to develop new aesthetic medical treatments, which either alone or in combination can effectively and lastingly combat dark circles under the eyes:
- ND:YAG laser and IPL 540 nm: these two laser treatments improve the appearance of dark circles under the eyes, especially those that are purple in color. It is a minimally invasive technique that allows the patient to immediately return to normal activity. Usually 4 to 6 treatment sessions are necessary.
- Ultimate Eye: mask specially designed for the area of dark circles under the eyes, which increases the elasticity and thickness of the area without irritating it. It also allows immediate reincorporation to normal life, and the complete treatment usually consists of 4 to 6 sessions.
- Carboxytherapy: by applying carbon dioxide gas directly to the under-eye circles, the blood flow in the area is significantly improved, which lightens the color of the circles and nourishes the skin. The patient can return to normal activity after the treatment, which usually requires 4 to 6 sessions.
- Hyaluronic acid Redensity II: this complex formula combines the filling capacity of hyaluronic acid with vitamins and trace elements to improve circulation and pigmentation of the area, achieving a filling and lightening effect. After the session the area may be slightly swollen for a few hours, and the desired results are achieved after only 1 session.
- Nanofat: this treatment consists of emulsifying the patient’s own fat, which is very rich in nutrients and significantly improves the sagging and color of the under-eye circles. It also helps to densify the skin in the area. Only one session is necessary, and after the application the area may be slightly swollen for 24 to 48 hours.
Of course, all these treatments must be complemented with specific cosmetics for this area. Clínica Vega has brands such as Universkin that allow us to design the perfect cosmetic for our patients.