There are different specialties that put into practice the use of the laser technique in medicine. Its use is extensive thanks to the high effectiveness of the treatments, the minimal risks and the short recovery time for the patient. In short, it has been a real revolution providing a quick and effective solution.
The laser treats various diseases
The areas in which this method is used are: dentistry, urology, aesthetic medicine, angiology or vascular medicine, dermatology, gynecoaesthetics, otorhinolaryngology or physiotherapy. Depending on the area where the laser is to be applied, one type or another is applied, among them are: green, helium-neon, ruby, CO2, argon, Neodymium-Yag or diode lasers.
Diseases and uses treated
- Urology: in situ lithotripsy, surgery for benign prostatic hyperplasia, tumors and stenosis.
- Gynecoesthetics: vaginal rejuvenation, labiaplasty or labia minora reduction, removal of warts or condylomas, urinary incontinence, vulvar or anal whitening.
- Dermatology: vitiligo, psoriasis, hyperhidrosis, stain removal, removal of micropigmentation, nevus, acne, warts, etcetera.
- Aesthetic: facial rejuvenation, removal of scars and keloids, tattoos.
- Vascular: couperosis, angiomas, poikiloderma, ruby spots, spider veins, hemangiomas, keloids with associated vascularization, acne rosacea, stretch marks or telangiectasias.
- Rheumatology: degenerative diseases, osteoarthritis of the hip, hands, shoulder, cervical dorsal and lumbar, knee; ankylosing spondyloarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Traumatology: in bone and soft parts (tendinopathies, sprains or ligamentous distensions), tendons, ligaments and muscles.
- Physiotherapy: inflammations, injuries and pain of bone, muscle, tendons or ligaments.
- Ophthalmology: cataracts, fundus pathologies, pupilloplasty, gonioplasty, trabeculopasty, diabetic retinopasty, retinal detachment prophylaxis, iridotomy, capsulotomy, myopia and hyperopia correction.
- Coloprcotology: hemorrhoids, anal fissure and fistula or fecal incontinence.
- Otorhinolaryngology: reduction of tonsils or nasal obstruction, turbinate surgery, snoring, larynx cancer, rhinoplasty or halitosis.
- Neurology: neuralgia, stroke and tumors.
When to apply the laser technique in medicine
Due to its multiple functions and advantages, the laser method can be applied to a large number of pathologies. However, the decision to use it should always be made by a medical specialist.
Keywords: laser, facial rejuvenation, diode laser, green laser, angiomas, neuralgia,