What is botulinum toxin denervation?
Botulinum toxin denervation is commonly known as Botox treatment. Botulinum toxin treatment is used to give the face a more rejuvenated appearance. As time goes by, wrinkles appear and become a real concern for many people. The brand name for botulinum toxin is Botox. A biological medicine to be injected under the skin, with the sole purpose of eliminating the wrinkles that appear on the face.
Why is it performed?
It is performed to relax or paralyze the muscle for a certain time. The purpose of the application of botulinum toxin can be aesthetic or therapeutic. In the field of facial medicine it is used to eliminate wrinkles that appear all over the face, including the famous crow’s feet.
What does it consist of?
Denervation with botulinum toxin consists of applying botox in the lines of the face and neck. In other areas such as the nose and lips should go with lead feet. A bad application could change the facial features. However, when applied by professionals it is very safe. In other areas of the body suffering from diseases, such as spastic paralysis, it can be applied in arms and legs.
Preparation for the procedure
The toxin will enter well into the tissues on which it is applied provided that a series of precautions are followed a few days before undergoing the treatment.
- It is forbidden to ingest any type of treatment that affects coagulation (pills). If you are under treatment, you must inform your doctor.
- Drinking alcohol is also not recommended if you are going to be in the hands of a specialist.
- Finally, the days before the treatment is not recommended to take nutritional supplements such as vitamin E or garlic, so you can avoid the appearance of bruises.
Care after the procedure
You should know that after the Botox treatment you should take specific care and recommendations that will be given by the same doctor who has treated you. Some tips will be prohibitions, for example:
- Forbidden to massage in the following 24 hours in the treated area.
- Prohibited to go to saunas or swimming pools.
- Prohibited to consume alcohol in large quantities
- Prohibited to lie down in the hours following the treatment.
- Prohibited to practice any type of physical exercise, in particular, when movements such as moving the head down, such as yoga, are performed.
- It is forbidden to lower your head when washing your hair in the hours after the Botox operation.